Installing VoIP Service? Don’t Settle for a Box of Gear Being Shipped to You.
By David Hollingsworth, Managing Member at Avid Communications
When Avid started delivering service in 2006 there were a few things we believed were required when we installed service to our customers:
- Technicians on site to physically install the phones and any necessary networking equipment (e.g., ethernet switches, ethernet jacks, power supplies)
- Sales executive that sold the account will be on site to fully train the customer’s employees and ensure what the customer asked for is delivered
- Simple and convenient way for all users to reach Avid customer service for questions, changes or problems–Avid button on every phone
- Operations team that configured the phones and features will actively monitor and support any changes that may need to be made during the installation.
Our basic thinking was simple: when a company has trusted us to provide them phone service, our work starts after the sale to ensure they believe they made a good decision and the support needs to be there for the entire life of the customer.
As we start 2022, we still believe all of these resources are still needed.
Sadly, (or thankfully,) our competitors don’t agree with our approach. After the customer signs the paperwork for new service, support is hard to locate, installations tend to be a relatively long and painful process, and issues linger.
Common issues we hear from customers when they previously chose another service provider:
- Boxes shipped to customer with an instruction list or email link to a set of instructions
- Configuration (e.g., call flows, buttons on phones, hunt group members) not exactly what customer needs and trying to find someone in customer service that knows something about the account and knows how to make the necessary changes is difficult to impossible to find
- All numbers not moved (ported) over when service is installed
- Phones not working due to a network issue or lack of network connectivity
- No training on the use of the new system
With Avid, If there’s a change needed, we will be readily available.
With other service providers, you can be on your own searching for someone to turn to while your business grinds to a halt. Not good.
This is especially important now, when businesses have employees moving between the office and home frequently. And sometimes permanently.
We take pride in crafting a solution perfectly tailored for your business operation. Yes, we have hundreds of features, and in the hands of our experts they become useful tools available to make your business run better.
If you need a better provider, or are hesitant to move to VoIP, call us to experience an expertly designed VoIP Cloud phone system. You’ll realize you’re dealing with a different kind of business from the first “Hello.”
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!