By David Hollingsworth, Managing Member at Avid Communications, talking about mobile devices, Accession Communicator softphones and collaboration.
The cost of smartphones, tablets and laptops continues to go down while functionality goes up. These devices become mobile extensions of the office infrastructure for the “always on” work force.
Avid first released our own softphone over a year ago and we’ve significantly enhanced the capabilities of this platform.
- Softphone. It’s a fully featured softphone that enables you to send and receive calls from anywhere. Computer (Mac or PC), laptop, smartphone or tablet. When someone calls your number, the call will appear on one or more of the devices that you’ve set up. You answer the call on whichever device is most convenient for you.
- Chat. You can use Avid’s Accession Communicator to send instant messages to other people in your corporate directory who are using the same service, no matter what device they are using.
- Presence. See the real-time status of coworkers (softphone and deskphone) Available, offline, on the phone, or in a meeting (because it integrates with Outlook).
- Call Jump. Take a call with you by switching it from your desk phone to your mobile. Or move a call to your fixed line when you arrive at the office.
- Fully Integrated. Accession Communicator is fully integrated into our advanced hosted IP voice services network. It offers reliable performance and comes with great support. When team members are able to work from anywhere, Accession Communicator becomes an important part of your business continuity strategy.
- Setup is a snap. It’s easy to download and install the app on your smartphone, tablet, PC or Mac.
Please contact us to learn more about our mobility applications!