2018 has been another good year for us at Avid Communications, and we want to take this opportunity to reflect on some of the things we’re thankful for.
Things we’re thankful for in 2018
- Each of the businesses that trust their phone, internet and network security to us every day. Over a thousand businesses have put their trust in Avid and we strive every day to be worthy of the privilege.
- Electric scooters (both for the transportation they provide as well as the fun they provide watching some people “learn” to ride them) and the Kansas City Streetcar making it much easier to explore downtown Kansas City and its many new developments.
- Our new employees in customer service, engineering and sales that work hard to take care of our customers so we can continue to proudly say we’re here for you so you can mind your own business.
- Patrick Mahomes quarterbacking the Kansas City Chiefs
- Our trusty owl mascot, after years of dedicated service, finally getting a name (Omie)
The Avid Holiday Party
To celebrate as a team, we hosted our staff holiday event at Lidia’s in the Crossroads. My wife Sandra planned everything and did a great job! This was our first “out of the office” soiree. In years past, we would bring in BBQ and close early. So this year felt like an upgrade.
The event was a great opportunity to show appreciation for our team and celebrate all their hard work this year. It was really nice to meet and spend time with everyone’s significant others. We wanted to make sure everyone got home safely, so we provided Lyft rides for everyone. We streamed the Kansas City Chiefs game in our private room on the 2nd floor of Lidia’s.
White elephant gift exchanges are a must, and this year didn’t let us down. One of the funniest gifts of the evening was Trump Toilet Paper. Other gifts included candy, cookies, nutcrackers, wine glasses and a mock WWE heavyweight champion belt that was actually a fanny pack. Hilarious.
Whatever your plans are during this busy time of year, we hope you are able to enjoy time with family and friends!